Number of hours
- Lectures 54.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials -
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 8.0
• Comprehension and modelling of mechanical behaviour of geomaterials
• Global understanding of the design phase of a structure
• Comprehension and modelling of a structure including its foundation.
The different phases of the design of an hydraulic structure are presented in this course:
1. Geological survey, regarding both the mechanical and the transfer properties, of a specific site to build a large structure.
2. Pre-design of the structure based on analytical methods (design rules as Eurocodes for instance) with simplified hypothesis.
3. The detailed structural design based on advanced rheological laws for geomaterials (soils, rocks, concrete) and finite element modelling, including construction phase.
Finite Element Method
Material Strength Theory
Rock and soil Mechanics
- Specific credits: this course brings 6.0 ECTS to students in Year 2 Master Hydraulics and Civil Engineering (M2 HCE)
Session normale / 1st session
Evaluation non rattrapable (EN) / EN assessment :
- a report dealing with the design of a retaining wall using Eurocode 7
- a short note on the design of shallow foundations (bearing capacity + settlements)
- a preliminary design note on the design of a flexible anchored retaining wall
Evaluation rattrapable (ER) / ER assessment: 3 written exam, one of 30mn, one of 1h30, one of 1h30
Session de rattrapage / 2nd session
La note obtenue remplace la note de ER. Le EN n'est pas rattrapable.
Another exam will replace the first one (ER). No retake for EN.
EN 30% + ER 70%
The exam is given in english only
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - Master's Degree in Engineering HOE - Semester 9 (this course is given in english only )
- Curriculum - Master inter HCE - Semester 9 (this course is given in english only )
Course ID : 5EUS5CMO
You can find this course among all other courses.