- Degree awarded Master
- Duration 1-year program
- Energy (turbo-machinery, nuclear energy, oil industry)
- Sustainable energy (wind or solar energy) and development involving hydraulics (rivers, off-shore and marine science),
- Transport phenomena and combustion in aerodynamics or space sciences,
- Chemical engineering and transport phenomena in many areas:
- microfluidics with bio-assays, biotechnologies, MEMS or actuators,
- petroleum, oil & gas industry.
- Laboratoire des Ecoulements Géophysiques et Industriels (LEGI)
- SIMAP laboratory - EPM Group
- Géosciences de l'environnement (IGE)
- LiPhy Laboratory
- Laboratoire de Rhéologie
- Laboratoire d'Electrostatique et de Matériaux Diélectriques (LEMD)
- Centre Technique du Papier (CTP)
- Département des Technologies pour la Biologie et la Santé (DTBS)
- Service d'Etudes et de Modélisation Thermohydraulique (SMTH)
- Service d'Etudes Thermohydrauliques Expérimentales (SETEX)
- Groupement pour la Recherche sur les Echanges Thermiques (GRETH)
- Service des Basses Températures (SBT)
- Centre de Recherche sur les Très Basses Températures (CRTBT)
- Centre National du Machinisme Agricole, du Génie Rural et des eaux et Forêts (CEMAGREF)
- Dassault Aviation,
► Applications for the 2024-2025 intake will open on the 16th of October 2023.
- English language: you must have the equivalent of a B2 level and provide one of the following test: TOEFL IBT: 72 and upper / TOEFL ITP: 543 and upper / TOEIC Listening and reading: 785 and upper / TOEIC speaking and writing : 160 and upper / IELTS: 5.5 and upper
- If English is your education language you do not need to provide a language test but you must provide a certificate from your university stating that English is the medium of instructions.
- If you are native from an English-speaking country, you do not need to provide any document.
- Your GPA should be at least 3 out of 4 (or 4 out of 5) on the core subjects related to the master.
The Master's degree in Fluid Mechanics and Energetics is a highly competitive academic program (duration: one year, M2 level).
Applicants selection is done on the basis of prior academic and/or scientific achievement as documented by academic transcripts, a cover letter, references, and standardized test scores.
For students with a foreign degree, their registration is definitely authorised by the Commitee for Academic Accreditation at Grenoble university (CVA). Several meetings are organised several times a year (February, March, April, May, June) to select applications from abroad.
You are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The selection of applicants is based on the following criteria:
Administrative rules mentioned above.
One year master study (science or engineering), in the following fields: fluid mechanics, chemical engineering, physics or applied mathematics as well provided they already demonstrated a significant level in fluid mechanics.
For European students (nationals of a member country of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Andorra or Switzerland) and for students from Quebec.Tuition charges will be: €243 per year.
For non EU-studentsTuition charges will be: €3770 per year.
And before completing their administrative registration with a higher education institution, students will have to pay off €95 Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus (CVEC).
The students who reside in one of the following countries have also to apply throught the "Etudes en France" procedure:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
Data to mention possibly for selecting FME master in the proposed list:
Master rech. Sciences, technologies, santé mention mecanique, energétique et ingenierie specialite mecanique des fluides et energetique
Reference : 21730-3675(UJF) or 21730-17150 (INP)
Housing: Coming to study, “settling in” and living at Grenoble
International Relations Ense3
- Course duration 1-year program
- Internships Internships mandatory/abroad
First semesterAcademic program
The first semester (30 ECTS) is restricted to theoretical lectures and examinations. Fundamental and specialized lectures may be completed by personnal projects.
The second semester (30 ECTS) is a master thesis whose aim is the development of research abilities. It can be conducted in a laboratory or an industrial research center, in France or abroad. The duration is between 5 and 6 months. The defense takes place by the beginnning of July or the beginning of september. The report must follow standard criteria of a scientific paper.
The primarily scientific contents of the master thesis englobes at least one of the following topics: fluid mechanics, energetics, chemical engineering, heat or mass transfer, multiphysics coupling including at least one transport phenomena, etc..
- Language of instruction 100% English
- Internship abroad Yes
90% Foreign Students
At the end of the curriculum, students are able to
- propose technical specifications
- perform and analyse tests on a physical model or within an industrial process
- derive and apply global and local numerical models
- conceive prototypes, new products or new processes
- propose and conduct an applied research project
- Design engineer
- Test engineer
- Simulation engineer
- Manager of a production unit
- Research and development engineer…
- Conventional and renewable energies
- Industrial hydraulics
- Oil Engineering
- Process engineering
- Industrial heat transfer…
Further learning opportunities
Graduated students are encouraged to do a PhD in the framework of I-MEP2 PhD School.
This master degree allows graduated students to find a job in public and private laboratories as well as in industrial research centres.
International Relations Ense3
International Students and Scholar Offices - ISSO
Your contacts for academic information
International Relations Ense3