RESCIF is a French-speaking network with 14 faculties of technology from the North and from the South. One of their research themes is water and four partner institutions decided to build together a MOOC as tentative tool for disseminating knowledge and contribute to education.
Introductory week, called “Week 0”
The five effective weeks were organized around specific themes.
- environmental issues (pollution, eutrophication, reservoir sedimentation) and hydrological characterization of the watershed;
- river flow mechanics (uniform and non-uniform flow, hydraulic modelling, flood
- sediment effects (initiation of erosion, sediment transport, river morphology, bank stability);
- interactions between rivers and human activities (for instance effects of urbanization) and practical measurements of river characteristics.
Language : French Subtitles : French, english, vietnamese
MOOC « New Energy Technologies »
This course aims to provide participants with a dual techno-oriented and business-oriented perspective of the issues at play in the development of new energy technologies. It also explores the contributions of key regional and international market players in the transition to more-sustainable energy technologies.
This MOOC on New Energy Technologies, will allow participants to:
- Learn how to analyse and evaluate the different new technologies and innovations and explore their impact in the energy sector.
- Discover the market organization and the main actors of these 6 topics: energy efficiency, energy from biomass, hydropower, solar energy, hydrogen energy, and smart grids and storage.
- Contribute to social exchange and global awareness of the “energy transition” and each new energy technologies’ impact.