- Degree awarded Master
- Duration 2-year program
Why choose the program
- Grids and Building, a major concern for our societies
- Quality of the training, amazing level of practical works, availability of the professors and supporting staff
- Strong connection with industry, most of Master Thesis within companies, job opportunities in France and abroad
- Cutting edge research environment providing numerous PhD positions
- Perfect international atmosphere, Intercultural experience, fast integration among local students
- Atos Worldgrid
- Schneider Electric
- Supergrid Institute
Testimony"As Schneider Electric representative, involved in Smart Grids strategy and offer roadmap, I confirm that the initiative of creating a Master to offer to the Industry very well trained engineers on the different and new aspects of Smart Grids is very much welcome. In addition we are proud in participating to this initiative in bringing our expertise on markets and interoperability technics and related issues.
This initiative you have set up should actually be spread on a larger scale to fit the coming industry knowledge needs."
Laurent Guise, Schneider Electric
► Applications for the 2024-2025 intake will open on the 16th of October 2023.Admission requirements
- Bachelor degree in either Science (BSc) or Engineering (BEng) including courses in electrical Engineering
- English language: you must have the equivalent of a B2 level and provide one of the following test: TOEFL IBT: 72 and upper / TOEFL ITP: 543 and upper / TOEIC Listening and reading: 785 and upper / TOEIC speaking and writing : 160 and upper / IELTS: 5.5 and upper
- If English is your education language you do not need to provide a language test but you must provide a certificate from your university stating that English is the medium of instructions.
- If you are native from an English-speaking country, you do not need to provide any document.
- Your GPA should be at least 3 out of 4 (or 4 out of 5) on the core subjects related to the master.
- This master is only open to international students.
You can find all the funding schemes available for your course in Grenoble on the CampusFrance website.
- Eiffel Scholarships (Eiffel Scholarship is very selective, we select student only if he/she is the valedictorian of the best university in his/her country)
- LANEF scolarship
- https://www.campusfrance.org/en/master-s-excellence-grants : Campus France Master's Excellent Grants
You can find information on : http://ense3.grenoble-inp.fr/en/academics/scholarships-1
The admission office will apply on your behalf to the IDEX or scholarship programme. We therefore kindly ask you to refrain from sending a separate application to these programmes.
Tuition rates for academic year 2023/24
For European students (nationals of a member country of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Andorra or Switzerland).
Tuition charges will be: €1,473 per year
For non EU-students
Tuition charges will be: €5,000 per year.
And before completing their administrative registration with a higher education institution, students will have to pay off €95 Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus (CVEC).
The students who reside in one of the following countries have also to apply throught the "Etudes en France" procedure:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Course duration 2-year program
- Internships Internships mandatory/abroad
ProgramThe master in electrical engineering for Smart Grids and Buildings proposes a 20 month full time 120 ECTS state-of-art technical training in smart energy management in buildings and power grids together with economic, societal and cultural aspects to prepare students for the challenges of tomorrow, managing the total energy chain (production, distribution, use)..
|1st year||2nd year|
Crédit : @ERDF
- Language of instruction 100% English
- Internship abroad Yes
Further learning opportunities
Internship or Master ThesisThe 9 laboratories at Ense³ regularly host international students performing / carrying out an internship or a master thesis.
"The level of practical work is very amazing and interesting. The professors are take charge of the students need and I enjoy the practical sessions"
"The teachers are highly qualified, the school has an excellent infrastructure, the subjects are interesting and related to the topic"
Pollyanna Christinne, Brazil
"Industrial oriented, strong connection with companies, and a lot of chances of carrying out internship in companies"
International Students and Scholar Offices - ISSO
Your contacts for academic information