Aller au menu Aller au contenu
Our engineering & master degrees
Ecole nationale supérieure de l'Énergie, l'Eau et l'Environnement
Engineering school in energy, water and environment
Our engineering & master degrees
Our engineering & master degrees

> Study at Ense3 > Double degrees

Coming to Ense3 as a double degree student


Within the framework of a double degree agreement, you can be awarded a diploma from both your home institution and from Ense3 called diplôme d'ingénieur (a Master's degree in Engineering). After completing three or four years at your home institution, you follow three semesters of courses and undertake a projet de fin d'études (master's degree thesis) in France or abroad.

You want to come and study at Grenoble INP - Ense3 as a double-degree student?

Please, check with your local international office if your university and Grenoble INP, UGA have signed a double degree agreement. If this is the case, you can find all the information about the nomination and application process by clicking here.
This is managed by Grenoble INP international relations office.

You have been nominated to Ense3 by your home university and are preparing your application?

Thank you for choosing Ense3! Below, you will find important information to prepare your application. Please read this document carefully and do not hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions.

Academic dates 2022 2023

Academic dates


Grenoble INP offers priority housing in student’s residence for international students. When you will submit your application to Grenoble INP, you will receive an e-mail with a link to apply for housing. Accommodations are allocated by mid-July for students applying for the autumn semester or the full year and one month before your arrival in Grenoble for students applying for the spring semester.

Accommodations prices vary from about €200 to €500 per month, for options ranging from 9m² bedrooms to studios, including bedrooms in shared apartments.

You can also get general information about housing on ISSO (International Student and Scholars Office) website.


At Ense3, attendance to all academic activities (lectures, exercises sessions, projects, internships, visits etc.) is mandatory. All absences should be justified. Thursday afternoons are usually free of academic activities.

Language requirements

A B1 level in both French and English is required for a double-degree. You must validate a B2 level in both languages by the end of your program.

French as a foreign language (FLE)

Students can attend French classes free of charge, as follow:
  • an intensive session (20 hours over a week) before the beginning of the autumn semester
  • two extensive sessions (2 hours / week over 10 weeks) during the autumn and the spring semester.

These classes are included in the list of courses. You must include them in your choice of courses/ learning agreement.

Buddy system

At Ense3, you can enroll into a buddy system. Buddies are a tandem of two students, one local student (a mentor) and one international student. Your buddy can guide you all along your campus life in France by helping you discover the city, meet new people, blend to the local culture etc. After your application, you will get an e-mail with a link to register to our buddy system.

Choose your courses



You must choose between one of our six programs:
You will start your studies at year 2 level and will stay for two years. You should fill in your study program with your home institution:  you will have to choose 30 ECTS for each semester = 60 ECTS for an academic year. You must choose one program and courses for semester 7, 8 and 9, by following the same rules as local students.

In order to obtain a diplôme d'ingénieur you will have to take a French language examination, either the Test of French knowledge (Test de connaissance du français - TCF) or « French Language Studies Diploma » (Diplôme d'études de la langue française - DELF) or « Advanced French Language Diploma» (Diplôme approfondi de la langue française - DALF).

Date of update May 2, 2022

Université Grenoble Alpes