Ense3 rubrique Formation 2022

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions:

Master programs


You will find all the information you need on the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) website and on the ENSE3 website. We recommend you to read carefully this guide which synthetizes the most important points.

When and how do I know if I am admitted or not?

There is no deadline for delivery of results. You will know whether you are admitted or not at any time during that academic year. You will receive the answer by email.

What kinds of scholarships are available?

You can find information about scholarships here.
The scholarships are offered to a very limited number of student and awarded on the basis of excellence criteria.
Keep in mind, when you calculate your budget, that you might not get a scholarship. According that the amount of your scholarship may not cover all your expenses (tuition fees + living cost), please ensure you will have enough money to study for one or two years. The estimated cost of living in France is around 800€/ month. More information here.

How does higher education work in France? What are the Prerequisites for a Master's Degree?

You can find all the information about the French higher education system on the Campus France website.

What is the minimum GPA to apply?

You must have a GPA higher than 3/4 or 4/5 or 7/10 or 12/20 or 70/100.
If you have a lower GPA than those listed above, your application will not be considered.

Which English proficiency tests should I take?

You must provide an official English proficiency test such as IELTS, Linguaskill (Bulats), TOEFL or TOEIC. The B2 level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required to apply.

Could the English proficiency test be waived?

If you did all your studies in English language, you can ask your university to give you an official certificate specifying that English was the medium of instruction and examination during your studies. This certificate is also accepted as a proof of your English level.

What level of English and French do I need?

The B2 level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required to apply.
English language: B2 level.
TOEFL: IBT: 87 / paper-based : 543. TOEFL institution code is 6050, Department : Ense3
TOEIC : 785 - IELTS: 5.5
As the master’s degree is totally taught in English, you do not have to provide an official French proficiency test. Obviously, if you have one, you can add the certification to your application.

Can I submit my application in French?

As the master’s degree is totally taught in English, it is highly recommended to apply with documents written in English language.

Do I have to apply through the Campus France procedure (Etudes en France)?

The "Etudes en France" procedure involves students residing in one of the following 46 countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
If you are living in one of those countries, in addition to applying on our platform you must also apply through “Etudes en France”.

Are these masters open to every international students?

If you are coming at Ense3 through a partnership (Erasmus, Bilateral convention…) you cannot apply for these masters as they are international masters with specific tuitions fees.

Can French students apply to these international masters?

French students can only apply to the master degree in Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (FME).

Are the two recommendation letters mandatory?

Yes, two recommendation letters are compulsory to validate the application. All the documents listed during the admission procedure are mandatory.

Do I need to provide my high school grades or only my higher education transcripts of records?

You have to submit your transcripts of records (not only the diploma) of your studies in higher education (Bachelor, Master…) with a translation in English or French and with an explanation of the grading system.