Number of hours
- Lectures 38.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials 26.0
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 12.0
Understanding, analyze and sizing of:
- Heat exchangers
- Thermodynamic cycles
- Mass Transfer
This module focuses on the heat and/or mass transfer at local (mass transfer), component (heat exchanger) and system scales (thermodynamic cycles, heat exchanger network).
Student will on one side develop their basics in engineering thermodynamics to understand and analyze thermodynamic cycles such as refrigeration cycles, gas and vapour turbine cycles and reciprocating engines.
On the other side, different types of heat exchangers will be introduced and tools for design, sizing and thermal analysis will be brought. Then, depending on the option chosen within the module, this basis of heat exchangers will be completed by either:
- An advanced heat exchanger course introducing psychrometry and heat exchangers dealing with moist air, air conditioning, condensation boilers and heat exchanger network design.
- A mass transfer course developing how thermodynamics can be used to develop constitutive laws of mass transfer
These teaching, proposed as a mix of lectures and tutorials are completed by 8 hours of lab works to apply the concepts learnt on practical systems.
Basics of heat transfer and of thermodynamics
Final written exam of 3h, with a coefficient of 50%, concerns the initial heat exchanger course and the engineering thermodynamics course.
Continuous assesment, with a coefficient of 50%, includes lab reports and a test on the advanced heat exchangers or mass transfer course.
CC 50% + CT 50%
The exam is given in english only
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - Master's Degree in Engineering ME - Semester 8 (this course is given in english only )
- Curriculum - Master's Degree in Engineering SEM - Semester 8 (this course is given in english only )
- Curriculum - Master's Degree in Engineering IEN - Semester 8 (this course is given in english only )
- Curriculum - Master inter SGB - Semester 8 (this course is given in english only )
Course ID : 4EUS4HMT
You can find this course among all other courses.