Number of hours
- Lectures 20.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials 20.0
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 20.0
Learning on :
- Know the principles implemented in commercial flow simulation codes for more advanced (complex turbulent flows, multiphase flows, highly compressible flows) than those studied in S3 configurations.
- Master the best practices for using these commercial codes for these more advanced configurations
- Know the principles of development of modern flow simulation codes.
Mastering a commercial tool mesh generation for flows in complex geometries.
Description of the Course Unit :
• simulation of turbulent flows external and internal, including thermal effects
• flow simulation phase separated (sloshing problem) and dispersed phase (Eulerian-Lagrangian approach, Application: separation processes); simulation of free surface flows
• Introduction to object-oriented programming and handling of open source CFD code (eg SU2 code developed at Stanford)
• mesh generation for the simulation (basic tools Design Modeler and Meshing of Ansys software)
Numerical simulations for flows and thermal 1 (ME Department, 2nd year, Autumn Semester)
Examof 2h for verifying the individual acquisition of key concepts and mastery of analytical tools.
Project Report: Analysis of a self-flow pattern (eg interaction shock / boundary layer) using a code "research."
CC : 66,6% + CT : 33,4%
The course exists in the following branches:the course schedule for 2023-2024
Course ID : 4EUS4SFT
You can find this course among all other courses.