- CM -
- Projet -
- TD 24.0
- Stage -
- TP -
- DS -
Crédits ECTSCrédits ECTS 1.5
This course is designed to help students do the following:
- communicate with ease in a number of professional situations, adapting their language, register and style to the context.
- improve their written communication skills. Students should demonstrate an ability to organise and structure their ideas in order to communicate efficiently in various professional tasks.
- improve their skills as critical readers and thinkers.
- develop intercultural awareness and acquire better understanding of the international professional context.
In this course students are given opportunities to USE English in a variety of useful situations to help them carry on improving their fluency in English, their communication skills and their intercultural competence in order to achieve their academic and professional goals. Students are asked to do several practical tasks, including telephoning, writing a CV, being interviewed, presenting, researching, chairing a meeting, writing minutes, e-mailing, writing an abstract, reviewing, all of which should help prepare them for professional life.
The various tasks proposed this semester will explore the following professional contexts and topics:
- Developing professional intercultural awareness and understanding
- Debating (formal debates)
- Communicating about one's science project:
- abstract writing
- poster session presentation
B1 in English
Contrôle continu (CC) uniquement, non rattrapable / Continuous assessment (CC) only, no resit for this course.
After a period of preparation in your group, your teacher will ask you to write, present or perform a task which will be marked and form part of the continuous assessment grade. A variety of linguistic, communication and professional skills will be assessed each semester. Evaluation grids are the same for all groups. The program is divided into different projects or tasks with the following graded assignments:
- Poster session / video 40%
- Writing an abstract 30%
- Debating 30%
The ‘English for your career’ continuous assessment grade counts towards the validation of the ‘Module Professionnel’. Please note that a 0/20 will make you fail the entire 'Module Professionnel'. There will be no resit for this course at the end of the year.
L'examen existe uniquement en anglais
Le cours est programmé dans ces filières :
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur ASI - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur IEN - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur HOE - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur IEE - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur ME - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
- Cursus ingénieur - Ingénieur SEM - Semestre 8 (ce cours est donné uniquement en anglais )
Code de l'enseignement : 4EM4ENG6
Langue(s) d'enseignement :
Vous pouvez retrouver ce cours dans la liste de tous les cours.
All Ense3 2A English for your career course material is available on the CHAMILO platform. Guidelines and various course material are in the 'documents' section of the course, you also have direct acces to useful links (including those listed below) in the 'links' section.
On-line training sites:
On-line web radios or TVs and others:
04 76 82 71 65
Scolarité Apprentissage : 04 76 82 50 31
+(33) 4 76 82 50 20