- CM ?
- Projet ?
- TD 48.0
- Stage ?
- TP ?
- DS ?
Crédits ECTSCrédits ECTS 2.0
This course is designed to help students do the following:
- communicate with ease in a number of professional situations, adapting their language, register and style to the context.
- improve their written communication skills. Students should demonstrate an ability to organise and structure their ideas in order to communicate efficiently in various professional tasks.
- improve their skills as critical readers and thinkers.
- develop intercultural awareness and acquire better understanding of the international professional context.
In this course students are given opportunities to USE English in a variety of useful situations to help them carry on improving their fluency in English, their communication skills and their intercultural competence in order to achieve their academic and professional goals. Students are asked to do several practical tasks, including telephoning, writing a CV, being interviewed, presenting, researching, chairing a meeting, writing minutes, e-mailing, writing an abstract, reviewing, all of which should help prepare them for professional life in an international environment.
The various tasks proposed will explore the following professional contexts and topics:
- Developing professional intercultural awareness and understanding
- Looking for a job - replying to a job offer, being interviewed, communicating about one's professional projects
- Giving a motivational speech
- Attending meetings
- Communicating about one's science project:
° abstract writing
° poster session presentation
Semestre 8 - L'examen existe uniquement en anglais
Contrôle continu (CC) uniquement, non rattrapable
After a period of preparation in your group, your teacher will ask you to write, present or perform a task which will be marked and form part of the continuous assessment grade. A variety of linguistic, communication and professional skills will be assessed each semester. Evaluation grids are the same for all groups. The program is divided into different projects or tasks with the following graded assignments:
Job File - 20%
Giving a speech - 15%
Essay writing - 20%
Debating - 15%
Poster session / video - 20%
Engagement in learning - 10%
Cross cultural communication - no grade
The ‘English for your career’ continuous assessment grade will count towards the validation of your ‘Module English and Sport’. Please note that a 0/20 will make you fail the entire Module. There will be no resit for this course at the end of the year.
Semestre 8 - Le cours est donné uniquement en anglais
All Ense3 2A 'English for your career, Alt' course material is available on the CHAMILO platform. Guidelines and various course material are in the 'documents' section of the course, you also have direct acces to useful links (listed below) in the 'links' section.
On-line training sites:
Valet in English
On-line web radios or TVs and others:
04 76 82 71 65
Scolarité Apprentissage : 04 76 82 50 31
+(33) 4 76 82 50 20