Know the principles implemented in commercial flow simulation codes for incompressible aerodynamics (essentially hydrodynamic) / conventional configurations.
Know the best practices for using these codes (or at least a representative commercial code)
Awareness of the use of non-commercial codes through the simulation of compressible flows quasi-1D.
Course and exercices:
• principles and implementation of the finite volume approach for the solution of Euler and Navier-Stokes compressible and incompressible operations
• Analysis Tools of discretization schemes: accuracy, stability, efficiency
• Validation & Verification process for non-viscous laminar and turbulent conventional aerodynamic flows, (only RANS approach) hydrodynamic / (single-phase flows, Newtonian fluid equations usual condition - constant density, ideal gas)
• analyzed configurations, linkages to postprocessing: pitot / Venturi, viscometer, flow over flat plate, cylinder, Profile, laminar and turbulent jets, incompressible pipe flow, compressible flow through a nozzle
• openness to the coupling flow / thermal (natural convection)
Bases on discretization of partial differential equations (course "Numerical Methods" of 1st Year)
Exam of 2h for verifying the individual acquisition of key concepts and mastery of analysis (order of accuracy, stability, efficiency) tools.
Project Report: analysis independently, using a commercial CFD code, a non-treated BE but replicating the methodologies applied to cases dealt with in the training flow configuration.
CC 50% + CT 50%
The course exists in the following branches:the course schedule for 2019-2020
Course ID : 4EUS3SF1
You can find this course among all other courses.
Date of update February 8, 2017