The aim is to develop the ability to choose and design electrical equipments taking into account many technical but also financial constraints. It provides additional experience in writing technical documentation for third parties, in considering industrial issues in terms of methods, cost, delays and availabilities.
1. Reliability and maintenance Policy (12 hours lecture and 1.25 ECTS).
The lectures deal with:
• Maintenance of production generators.
• Reliability, diagnosis and monitoring of power transformers.
• Optimization of maintenance through reliability.
This teaching is evaluated by a final MCQ.
2. Integration of distributed generation and mechanical conversion (4 hours lecture, 44 hours of project with 20 hours of personal work, 3.75 ECTS).
The context is a mountain village with a nearby small ski resort and an eco-district. Both are located a few kilometers from the village center. The project focuses on :
• the connection and choice of equipments of an industrial load (variable speed drive for the ski lift)
• the coordination of design characteristics of the village hydroelectric plant components : the alternator, transformer and relays of the hydroelectric plant of the village is also precisely studied,
• the connection or not of the eco-district is also studied and analysed with the aim of creating an isolated site with renewable sources and storage.
Standards, costs, grid codes and prices for the purchase or sale of electricity are taken into account. The project is completed by a written short document to justify the design, the technical choices and financial criteria including depreciation.Prerequisites
Basic electrical engineering
Transformer and electrical grids
Electrical machines dans drives
The course exists in the following branches:the course schedule for 2019-2020
Course ID : 5EUS5ING
You can find this course among all other courses.
- thèses :
* A study of life time management of Power Transformer, C.Upadhyay
- documents ABB : (www.abb.com) :
* short-circuit duty of power transformers
* Power Transformers -- A guide to manufacturing
* Transformer Engineering
- livres :
* Transformer Engineering Design and Practice, S.V.Kulkarni S.A.Khaparde
* J&P Transformer book, M.J.Heathcote
Date of update February 8, 2017